If you need an Etsy Banner for your shop there are three ways you can get one for free. Choose one that fits your time frame and skill level
- Easy – Use a banner maker with a default template. Takes about 10 minutes
- Intermediate – Search for and download a free template you like and load it into a banner maker like Bannerfans to add the finishing touches. About 20 minutes.
- Advanced – Use a free graphics program like Gimp to make one from scratch or build from a template. About an hour. We include an instructional video at the bottom of the page.
Easy: Sites With a Free Online Etsy Banner Maker / Generator
Etsy Banner Generator This is the simplest and quickest solution. The site has has 48 banner templates to choose from and 12 different lettering styles. It also offers the option to move the text around and place it wherever you like. It does not have the ability for you to upload your own template to work with though. You can only use what they offer. If you want to use your own template, see the Bannerfans link.
Fotor This banner generator has 22 very stylish and polished looking templates to pick from and hundreds of fonts. It also has a really nice and intuitive user interface. A little more complex but you can get a very sophisticated looking banner here. Again, you are limited to only the 22 templates they offer though.
Intermediate: Websites to Download a Free Etsy Banner Template
First you will need to know where you can use the templates. That site is Bannerfans. It is a very robust online banner maker with tons of options. It offers dozens of lettering styles and it also has the ability to add borders and effects. Below are the sites you can get the free templates from. If you find one you like, right click on it and select “save image as.” Pick a folder you’ll remember then go to Bannerfans and select the “I want to upload my own image” option. Then you can add your text and download the finished banner.
- Sweetly Scrapped Art They have 100 different banner templates of all styles that you can download.
- Alice Page Creations Another big one with 100 to pick from with many different styles.
- Everything Etsy Blog 80 templates many with a seasonal theme to them.
- Sweetly Scrapped 82 images with a mix of things to pick from.
- Caravan of Beads Jewelry Blog Only 6 here but they are very unique.
- Star Sunflower Studio 39 templates with kind of a writing – stationary feel.
- Brightness Project 14 to pick from with several that have a darker theme to them.
- Glory Boon Blog 12 with various styles to choose from.
- Call Me Victorian 6 victorian style templates.
- Lampwork Etc Forum This last one isn’t technically a website, it’s a forum where several people have posted free themes they like for others to use.
Advanced: How to Make a Banner From Scratch Using Gimp
If you’re that sort of detail oriented super creative type you can even make your own from scratch. Don’t worry, you don’t need Photoshop, you can use Gimp. It’s completely free and it does the same thing! First download the program and install it. Then come back and watch the video below for a tutorial on how to make an Etsy banner. Or if you’d prefer to read a tutorial you can find one here.
Etsy Banner Specifications
Finally just a few things that you might need to know for reference.
- The correct size for an Etsy Banner is 760 x 100 pixels.
- The correct file type for an Etsy Banner can be .jpg .png. or .gif.
- To upload your banner you go to: Your Shop > Info & Appearance. Click the Browse button to locate the file on your computer. Be sure to click the Save button when you are down. After a few moments your new banner will show up in your shop.
- If your shop isn’t open yet, then go to Your Shop > Preview and click Add shop banner
If we’ve left anything out please visit: The Official Etsy Article on Banners.